Monday, February 23, 2009

Expecting Better...

Ever since I was young the words "I expect better from you" have rung in my ears. Whether they be from my Mum, Dad, sister, teachers, youth leaders, friends, team mates, coaches, pastors, and many more. As you can tell I wasn't a great kid growing up. But in recent times I have been reflecting on those words that I heard from childhood to this day, I wonder why they all held me in such high regard and why I always felt like they thought I was this great guy when the truth is I messed up all the time and still do but they all saw such potential in me. Recently I had some sort of revelation over these words and why people use these words and is studying the bible I see why that is.

I want to let you into a huge secret it's because they loved me. Now to most of you that might seem strange or might seem obvious I don't know which one you will fall into. But I for a long time have to fallen into the "that is just plain crazy" group. You know its like Peter and Jesus in the bible and there relationship. Jesus expected so much of Peter, like being the rock of his church but yet when Peter let him down by denying him 3 times Jesus still choose to love him because he saw the potential that he had and he loved that about Peter even when he failed.

I think thats what real love is, its expecting better but loving whats there...maybe an over simplification of a massive truth. But I believe thats what love is....

No comments: